Volunteering roles available in Manawatū.
Keen to apply for it? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 06 354 6027.
Slicks & Stones Cycle Volunteers
Assist with Slicks & Stones Cycle Events
Volunteers are required for the following tasks:
•Road Marshalls (preferably people who have done it before)
•Support people to erect barriers etc. at the start/finish
•People to put up signs at certain parts of the course
•General support people
Enjoy mingling with cyclists at the post-race buffet lunch (12 noon) provided for free to Volunteers.
Location: Start/finish in Apiti
Dates/Hours: 1 April 2023. 7 AM and finishing around 11 AM
Exhibition Set up/Pack down
We need volunteers who like to work behind the scenes and have flexible schedules to help set up and pack down art exhibitions. There is an opportunity to work from home with some tasks if the volunteer prefers this, e.g. data entry and making labels.
Volunteers will be required to move screens and plinths, liaise with artists about exhibition arrangements, hang items, and place labels on items.
Dates/Hours: Generally outside of business hours, e.g. evenings or Saturdays.
As a mentor, you share with each member of this Agency, a valued reputation. We symbolise friendship, responsibility, trust, and a concern for the protection and well-being of children. As an integral part of our team, we expect that you will comply with the following:
- be a friend to the child, and maintain contact on a regular and consistent basis
- be a consistent and positive role model by modelling responsible - behaviors such as reliability, respect, honesty, appropriate manners etc. along with a concern for the protection and wellbeing of children
- be supervised by the Agency Caseworker and will remain accountable to him/her.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be clear in communication with the parent involved, particularly around contacts, timing, planned activities and other issues of concern
- Take the initiative in arranging outings with the mentee
- Always let the mentee know when he/she can expect to see you next
- Keep every appointment with the mentee unless it is impossible
- Allow the mentee to develop the friendship at his/her own pace
- Respect the role of the parent
- Notify the Agency of any address or phone number change, or any personal change that could impact the match
- Promptly report any concerns about the match to the Agency
- Respect the privacy and comfort level of the mentee and his/her family
- Maintain contact and work with the caseworker to clarify and resolve issues
- Abide by child abuse reporting protocol and legislation
- Follow Transportation Policy requirements
- Comply with agency standards regarding code of conduct and transportation of children policy
- In the event of match closure, be sensitive to the mentee's concerns and needs, and work with the Agency to facilitate a positive end to the match
Focus on friendship. Share experiences that will enable you both to learn and grow and HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Dates/Hours: Times can vary, but there is a minimum time commitment of 12 months needed.
Board Minute Secretary
Do you have experience taking minutes for meetings?
This organisation is looking for a minute secretary to take minutes at their monthly board meetings. The role is for half a day per month with draft minutes post the meeting to be sent to the CEO for final circulation. Experience is preferred and confidentiality is a must, minute style is key note taking with summary of action points. Laptop can be provided.
Dates/Hours: 3 hours per month, 9am - Noon (approximately)
Reading to Seniors
Reading to individuals or small groups of seniors. Books, newspapers, etc - as needed. A Police check will be required
Dates/Hours: To suit - no need to be the same time and days each week.
Outing assistants travel in the mobility vehicle when the home takes residents out to events, activities and trips. To provide support to the driver, and assist the residents to ensure they have a safe and enjoyable time.
Police vetting will be processed.
Location: Feilding, PN & Levin
Dates/Hours: Outings will be set around the availability of drivers and assistants.
Arts and Crafts with Seniors
Singing, artworks and craft works, scrapbooking with individuals or small groups of seniors. A good level of conversational English, and a Police check will be required.
Piano Player or Organist
Someone able to play piano or organ - especially as an accompaniment to a sing-a-long, doesn't need to be perfect! Willing and able to relate to the elderly.
Dates/Hours: To suit, no need to be the same time and day each week.
Piano Player or Organist
Playing the piano or organ for our chapel services when needed. Able to relate well with elderly.
Location: PN or Feilding
Dates/Hours: Wednesday morning 10.45-11.30 am
Visitor to the Elderly
Make a difference and support an older person who is lonely or socially isolated. Visit an older adult either in the community or in a rest home.
Are you a warm, caring, mature, reliable person who can build a rapport with an older person?
Training and support provided, prior to introductions.
We aim to match volunteers with clients who have interests in common & live nearby one another.
The whole process can take three months. Lining up appointments, Police Checks & referee checks, then Training and introducing the Volunteer to the Client.
****Need to be a NZ Resident or Citizen****Age 18+years
Dates/Hours: 1 hour a week by arrangement (any day of week)
Make a difference in someone’s life and volunteer as a friendship buddy for a person with a disability.
We are looking for volunteers who have the qualities of being reliable, caring, empathetic, having a sense of humour and having some fun. We thrive on seeing people smile and laugh.
No experience within the disability sector is needed for this role - our coordinator will support you and encourage you to gain confidence and skills to ensure it’s empowering for you and your buddy.
You will spend time with your buddy visiting them at their home or going out in the community to local cafes to have a cuppa, going out walking at local parks/beaches, getting creative by doing some arts and crafts…the choices are endless. It’s about you and your buddy enjoying each other’s company and participating in similar interests and hobbies together.
“A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be”
Training is available (this can be discussed at the informal meet and greet with our coordinator)
Location: Palmerston North, Feilding, Levin
Dates/Hours: 1-4 hours per week
House & Garden Hosts
This will involve being assigned to one-half day or a whole day shift to direct traffic through the houses on the tour and make sure guests follow the path of the designated areas of the house. In return, each volunteer will receive a discount code to purchase a ticket to the tour to use for the other half of the day. Enjoy a tour of around 8 stylish Manawatu homes.
Location: Feilding or Palmerston North
Dates/Hours: Volunteers are required for 4 hours each; either 8.30am-12.30pm or 12.30pm-4.30pm on Friday 24 and Saturday 25th March